The Energy Industry Practice
The Energy Industry Practice
We have been successfully operating on the Polish market for 10 years now. We are an independent law firm created by a group of persons closely connected with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw. We boast an almost 40-member team of seasoned lawyers, 9 of whom also hold the degree of Juris Doctor.
Our Clients include leading Polish and international firms as well as public bodies.
We have extensive experience in rendering services to energy market participants, the wider railway sector and aviation industry, the food sector, as well as organisational units of local government authorities and professional organisations. We provide comprehensive services related to investments in real estate as well as their trading and management, and also advise on the protection of cultural treasures.
Specialising in legislation and regulated activity, we are experts in the field of economic law, companies law, employment law, intellectual property rights, criminal law, including business criminal law, competition law and State aid law, public procurement law and public-private partnership law, and we also advise on litigious cases.
We are known for our pragmatic and result-oriented approach to the Client with a commitment to outstanding quality and creativity enabling us to provide bespoke services perfectly aligned to Customer requirements, regardless of the size of the firm, its location or area of activity.
Our Energy Practice
We provide comprehensive services to energy market participants – energy companies and electricity consumers, as well as gaseous and liquid fuel consumers, providing advice on issues connected with the exercise of economic activity on the regulated market in the electricity, liquid and gaseous fuel sector.
We deliver services and support to electricity undertakings in the scope of generation, transmission, distribution, and trade in electricity, gaseous and liquid fuels, especially on issues like: the exercise of licensed activity, system operator status, fixing or approving tariffs, grid connections, disputes arising in connection with refusing to conclude agreements, supplier switching procedures, support schemes for renewable energy, high-efficiency cogeneration, and energy efficiency.
We support electricity, liquid and gaseous fuel consumers on issues related to their involvement in the energy market, including in the scope of shaping the energy economy.
We draft and give opinions on contracts in terms of carrying out economic activity on the electricity, liquid or gaseous fuel market.
We also prepare regulatory risk assessments, providing accurate estimates thereof, along with available specific hazard removal and risk reduction measures.
We advise on the compliance of exercised (or planned) activities with regulatory energy market requirements and design bespoke legal solutions to the presented business models. We also prepare legal opinions regarding legal regulations in the wider frame of the energy market.
We represent Clients in proceedings before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office and prepare pleadings.
We advise on issues related to renewable energy, including investments in building renewable energy sources.
Our experience extends to:
- Ongoing legal advisory services to entities in the PGE Capital Group
- Ongoing legal advisory services to entities in the ENEA Capital Group
- Preparing regulatory risk assessments and designing appropriate legal solutions to presented business models, for example, for PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A., PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A., as well as ENEA Trading Sp. z o.o.
- Drawing up legal opinions on energy law for, among others, PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A., PGE Obrót S.A., PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A., ENEA S.A., ENEA Wytwarzanie Sp. z o.o., and ENEA Trading Sp. z o.o.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts related to operating on the energy market, in particular sales contracts, distribution service contracts, comprehensive agreements, and agreements for connection to the transmission network for PKP Energetyka S.A., PGE Obrót S.A., and ENEA Wytwarzanie Sp. z o.o.
- Legal advice on issues relating to renewable energy for PGE Energia Odnawialna S.A. and Element Power Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Representing PKP Energetyka S.A., PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A., PGE Obrót S.A., PGNiG Energia S.A., Huta Łaziska S.A., and Cementownia Warta S.A. in proceedings before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office and the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection, including in concession proceedings and in proceedings to impose penalties.
- Ongoing legal advisory services to entities in the Polenergia Dystrybucja Sp. z o.o. Capital Group
- Ongoing legal advisory services to PKP Energetyka S.A.
- Ongoing legal advisory services to PGNiG Energia S.A.
- Advising PCC Rokita S.A. on renewable energy and high efficiency cogeneration certificates of origin.
- Consultancy for PCC Rokita S.A. in relation to greenhouse gas emission allowances.
- Ongoing legal advice to High Pressure Energy Sp. z o.o.
- Ongoing legal advice to Operator Logistyczny Paliw Płynnych Sp. z o.o.
- Regulatory consulting for the following companies: PKN Orlen S.A., PGNiG Termika S.A., the Polish District Heating Chamber of Commerce, and the Electricity and Gas Consumer Forum.
- Representation of Ceramika Końskie Sp. z o.o. before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office in proceedings for the award of concessions for natural gas trading.
Should you need any additional information regarding our services, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Regulation and Competition Protection Practice
- The Real Estate, Investment Process and Environmental Protection Practice
- The Cultural Heritage Protection Practice
- The Commercial Law Practice
- The Company Law and Labour Law Practice
- Financial Institution Practice
- The Criminal/Penal Law Practice
- Self-government Law
- The Railway Transport Practice
- The Air Transport Practice
- Intellectual Property
- The Public Procurement and Public-Private Partnership Practice