Financial institutions and banking law
Karolina Lorenc - Pawlak
Attorney, associate partner
tel.: +48 22 745 32 35
Description of the specialisation:
We advise national and foreign institutions operating on the financial market. We provide legal aid for lending institutions and banks within the scope of preparing and verifying terms and conditions, preparing loan agreements between the entrepreneurs and between the entrepreneurs and consumers. We evaluate sample agreements, especially in terms of contractual clauses considered by the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection [PL: Sąd Ochrony Konkurencji i Konsumentów] to be illegal. We provide services for financial institutions that are related to regulatory matters, especially within the scope of compliance of the conducted and planned operation with the provisions of the law.
Our services include:
- preparing specialised legal opinions answering questions asked by the Client or offering solutions to the described problems;
- advising on the compliance of offered or planned credit products with the regulatory requirements of lending institutions market: we design legal solutions adjusted to the specific business models;
- analyses of regulatory risks: we assess them and indicate the methods of minimising them;
- advising on the matters concerning granting consumer credits, meeting precautionary demands by credit institutions and investment companies;
- preparing and evaluating agreements concerning the performance of business activity related to granting consumer credits;
- advising on regulatory matters, including within the scope of banking secrecy, bank accounts, consumer credits, outsourcing, securities for a debt and general issues concerning private and public banking law;
- representing lenders in proceedings concerning the so-called ‘credits in the Swiss franc’;
- representing in the proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection [PL: Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Konkurencji i Konsumentów] and pending proceedings before the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection [PL: Sąd Ochrony Konkurencji i Konsumentów].
Advising on legislation is an important part of our services and includes:
- monitoring of legislation (monitoring legislative work of ministries as well as the Sejm and the Senate [Sejm i Senat Reczypospolitej Polskiej]);
- preparing amendments to draft legal acts (in the form of professional legislative drafts with the statement of reasons);
- support during parliamentary work.
Our key Clients whom we provide or provided with services concerning financial institutions:
- Provident Polska S.A.
- PKO BP S.A.
- VIVUS FINANCE sp. z o. o.
- ZAPLO sp. z o. o.