Energy and industry
Anna Kucińska - Bar
tel.: +48 22 745 32 35
attorney, PhD, managing partner
tel.: +48 22 745 32 35
We provide comprehensive legal services for the energy market participants: energy enterprises and industrial plants.
Our services for energy enterprises cover production, transfer, distribution and trade of electric energy, heat, and gas and liquid fuels. The scope of our competence covers especially: responsibilities related to the performance of licenced activity, status of the system operator, concession and tariff proceedings, adversarial proceedings (e.g. concerning connection to the power grid or refusal to enter into the agreement), support systems for renewable energy, highly efficient cogeneration and efficient energy use, capacity market and greenhouse gas emission allowance trading.
Our services include:
- preparing specialised legal opinions answering questions asked by the Client or offering solutions to the described problems;
- advising on the compliance of performed or planned activity with the regulatory requirements of the energy market: we design legal solutions adjusted to the specific business models;
- analyses of regulatory risks: we assess them and indicate the methods of minimising them;
- advising on the matters related to the renewable energy sources, highly efficient cogeneration, efficient energy use, capacity market and greenhouse gas emission allowance trading;
- preparing and evaluating agreements concerning the performance of business activity on the market of electric energy and gas and liquid fuels;
- representation in the proceedings before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office [PL: Prezes Urzędu Regulacji Energetyki] and in adversarial proceedings.
As we understand the specificity of the industrial plants (especially energy-consuming plants), we also provide legal services covering:
- advising on the formation of energy management in the given industrial plant or capital group, including such issues as self-production (production of electricity or heat for personal use) and optimisation of costs of obtaining energy supplies using various tax relief and exemptions;
- preparing and negotiating agreements with the suppliers of electric energy, gas, heat and liquid fuels;
- support during the fulfilment of obligations within the scope of support system for renewable energy sources, highly efficient cogeneration and efficient energy use;
- advising on the participation in renewable energy sources auctions and capacity market;
- courses for the industrial consumers of electric energy, gas, heat, and liquid fuels.
In response to the market expectations and frequent changes in the law, we gained competence in advising on legislative matters and we offer:
- monitoring of legislation (monitoring of legislative work of ministries, the Sejm and the Senate [PL: Sejm i Senat Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej] as well as law-making authorities of the EU);
- preparing legal alerts informing about drafted changes in the legal environment and their results;
- preparing amendments to draft legal acts (in the form of professional legislative drafts with the statement of reasons);
- support during public consultations and parliamentary work.
We are the experts of energetyka24.com – the biggest online portal centred around the energy industry.
Our key Clients whom we provide or provided with energy industry services:
- PGE Capital Group [PL: PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A.] and companies belonging to the PGE capital group (PGE Obrót S.A., PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A., PGE Energia Odnawialna S.A.)
- ENEA S.A. and companies belonging to the ENEA capital group (ENEA Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o., ENEA Operator sp. z .o.o., ENEA Trading sp. z o.o.)
- PGNiG – Polish Oil and Gas Company [PL: Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A.] and companies belonging to the PGNiG capital group (PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny sp. z o.o., PGNiG Termika S.A.)
- PKP Energetyka S.A.
- Polenergia S.A. and companies belonging to the Polenergia capital group (e.g. Polenergia Dystrybucja sp. z o.o., Polenergia Obrót S.A., Polenergia Biogaz sp. z o.o.)
- Forum Odbiorców Energii Elektrycznej i Gazu (Chamber of Industrial Energetics and Energy Customers [PL: Izba Energetyki Przemysłowej Odbiorców Energii])
- PKN Orlen S.A.
- TAMEH Polska sp. z o.o.
- Fortum Heat and Power Polska sp. z o.o.
- RAFAKO S.A.
- Chemical industry companies: Grupa Azoty Zakłady Azotowe “Puławy” S.A., PCC Rokita S.A., PCC Exol S.A.
- Paper industry and wood processing industry companies: Stora Enso Narew sp. z o.o., The Barlinek Group [PL: Barlinek S.A.]
- Cement industry companies: Cementownia Warta S.A., Cementownia Odra S.A., CEMEX Polska sp. z o.o.
- Mining and metallurgical industry companies: Zakłady Górniczo-Hutnicze “Bolesław” S.A., Huta Cynku “Miasteczko Śląskie” S.A., Huta Łaziska S.A., RE Alloys sp. z o.o., ArcelorMittal Poland S.A.
- Glass industry companies: Pilkington Polska sp. z o.o., Pilkington Automotive Poland sp. z o.o., Pilkington IGP sp. z o.o., Guardian Częstochowa sp. z o.o.
- Ceramic industry companies: Ceramika Nowa Gala S.A., Ceramika Końskie sp. z o.o.