Economic Crime and Compliance
tel.: +48 22 745 32 35
Description of the specialisation:
We provide comprehensive legal services related to the conducted criminal proceedings in which the law enforcement authorities are focused on the broadly defined economic crimes.
We specialise in representing people in the proceedings that focus mainly on:
- the offences against business trading described in the 36th chapter of the Criminal Code [PL: Kodeks karny] (e.g. mismanagement, economic corruption and capital fraud);
- the offences against rights of gainfully employed people (e.g. mischievous infringement of the employee’s rights, ordering the employee to work in trade in spite of the prohibition);
- criminal provisions of the Commercial Companies Code [PL: Kodeks spółek handlowych] (e.g. giving false information during the proceedings regarding the declaration of bankruptcy, failure to release all of assets, account books or other documents concerning the bankrupt entity’s assets to the official receiver);
- offences resulting from the Financial Instruments Trading Act [PL: ustawa o obrocie instrumentami finansowymi] (e.g. disclosure and illegal use of professional secrecy or confidential information);
- criminal provisions of the Bond Act [PL: ustawa o obligacjach] (e.g. protection of access to information about the issuer and bonds, prohibited actions of the issuer, incorrect operation of the bond holders meeting, criminal liability of a person acting on behalf of the bank – the representative);
- offences resulting from the Act on Financial Market Supervision [PL: ustawa o nadzorze nad rynkiem kapitałowym];
- management offences in the provisions of the collective labour law;
- offences resulting from the Payment Services Act [PL: ustawa o usługach płatniczych] (e.g. deceiving the supervisory body);
- offences resulting from the Act on Combating Unfair Competition [PL: ustawa o zwalczaniu nieuczciwej konkurencji] and the Act on the Prohibition of Unfair Commercial Practices [PL: ustawa o przeciwdziałaniu nieuczciwym praktykom rynkowym];
- offences resulting from the Act on Insurance Activity [PL: ustawa o działalności ubezpieczeniowej];
- offences resulting from the Act on Counteracting Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing [PL: ustawa o przeciwdziałaniu praniu brudnych pieniędzy oraz finansowaniu terroryzmu].
We offer defence at every stage of the proceedings. We advise on tactics and strategies accompanying defensive actions. We perform the mediatory role in conciliatory discussions and other similar related to putting the perpetrator on probation.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, based on our experience gained in previous cases, we help to implement various solutions aimed at preventing or minimising the circumstances that could lead to the crimes or other abuses.
Our services include:
- gathering and securing evidence if the crime is revealed;
- preparing notifications about suspicion of a crime;
- participating in the hearing of witnesses (also as the aggrieved party);
- representing entities in the misdemeanour proceedings both as the aggrieved parties and as the accused;
- providing legal services during searches, detaining and other pre-trial activities;
- representing suspects at the stage of preventative measures procedures, especially the pre-trial detention;
- defending the suspects at the stage of the preparatory proceedings, including the possibility of using available conciliatory modes;
- planning and conducting defence before the court;
- preparing, submitting and supporting ordinary and extraordinary remedies;
- actions of defence in the enforcement proceedings, especially aiming at passing the electronic monitoring system sentence or parole.